Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


I was a bit overwhelmed by such a huge response to my video, thank you for all who purchased and all the kind words about how it turned out. I was extremely pleased. For the next one, I will be working with a camera with a super zoom lens, so I can get really up close and personal for a couple of the demos during the filming.

As far as plans for the New Year, Watercolor Girl has decided not to push herself as hard as has been the case for the past couple of years. As some of you might remember the melt down of a couple of months ago.... I guess part of it is how much this, my watercolor career, means to me. It's everything to me. It's my life. But I have so much going with all the different aspects of my watercolors that I work 12-14 hours per day. Then I hit a wall, and that's not good for me or my creative spirit. Over the holidays I was hoping to do some R & R, but was still finishing commissions, shipping, and painting. So, yesterday I loaded the boys in the car (on the rare above freezing day in Indiana) and we visited our beautiful Lake Michigan. It felt so good, it made me cry. I missed it. Needless to say there was no swimming, and surprisingly no one else there. :~) Maybe the start of the ice floes had scared people away. The lake was still beautiful, but working with a limited palette...lots of gray. :~)

None the less, it felt good on New Years Eve, to just get away for awhile, before the weather got worse. And today, we have an "almost blizzard". My dear lake is causing us to get up to 30" of snow. (For those meteorlogically challenged, a Lake Effect event....is when the extremely cold air moves over the relatively warm lake waters causing these Lake Effect bands of snow to set up. We're very close to the lake, so in laymen's terms, we're getting dumped on.) We're under a warning until Sunday night. Let's just hope we don't run out of chewies before then or there may be a revolt. LOL

2010 has a very nice ring to it. I have this feeling it's going to be a great year. I want to thank everyone for all of their support. Whether it be through kind words or purchasing a special treasure. I am so blessed. Hopefully with the new library of videos as well as the one-on-one workshops, I'll encourage a lot of people to take the challenge and embark on, or return to their watercolors. ♥ (More on the one-on-one workshops tomorrow)

Here's hoping for a healthy, happy and creative 2010 for everyone. :~)

6 comments:

Arti said...

Hi JG..I took up watercolors in 2009 only; and you have been my greatest inspiration( although I can't paint flowers even now!)Wish you very best in 2010 and hope to see many of your lovely paintings in this year too.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Jacqueline, I come and admire your flower masterpieces regularly. I wish you all the best for 2010 and thank you for posting such beauty for us to admire.

Terry said...

What a delightful start to 2010 and hope that you have a wonderful and inspirational year.

I find great joy in all your beautiful paintings and can see the love and care that you put into each and every one.

Hope that the boys are well and that you do not get too much snow and that you are soon able to have fun going walkies with them

Alex Zonis said...

She is beautiful!

Happy New Year to you!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

30 inches of snow!! Poor old unprepared England is brought to a standstill with just 1 ft!!! Just driven home 50 miles from my daughters but main roads safe.
Thanks for all the wonderful watercolour flowers throughout 2009 and ,yes, I agree 2010 does have a grand sound to it and looking forward to seeing more of your extraordinary work.

Michelle Smith said...

Beautiful! Your watercolors are really good. I did a Google search today for "Watercolor Flowers" and came across your blog several times, then I saw a link to your blog on another blog I read. Weird, huh?