Saturday, March 6, 2010

Crisp!


10" x 6.5" ~ Watercolor on Paper

One word says it all for this little still life....Crisp! For both the apples and the starched lace. :~) I haven't painted lace in awhile, so thought some bright red apples would be a very nice compliment. This is the traditional Battenburg pattern. Love, Love the Lace. You work so hard on it, all of the tiny threads, and are so proud of the result. I'm happy now. :~) SOLD

This is the last week for the free shipping offer on "The Queen" instructional DVD which ships on March 22. Everything you wanted to know about painting a gorgeous white Peony. Click here for purchase information of the DVD.

11 comments:

Carl said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Thank You Carl! :~)

Kaylyn said...

I love hearing people say they love their work. I am figuring out my way by paying attention to the bits and pieces and processes that I love, am proud of, and get an inordinate and perhaps immodest joy from!

This is a terrific painting. You know it. And that is terrific.

Jelaine Faunce said...

So beautifully done, Jacqueline! Always inspiring. :o)

K. Galarneau said...

This is really amazing!

Millie said...

Your works are all so inspiring, just wow and wow!

Nancy Goldman said...

This is beautiful. I'm always amazed when I see a painting with beautiful lace and the red apples really make this pop.

Susan Roux said...

Beautifully done and I love the composition!

Terry said...

This is just awesome the richness of the apples which are amazing against the crisp white lace is just spectacular, I love it

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is an amazing painting - what you did with that lace is just perfection!

Helen Read said...

I agree! Absolutely wonderful!