Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reflections


10" x 10" ~ Watercolor on Paper

When I started doing oils I thought it would be difficult to switch back and forth....no problem. Painting watercolors is like riding a bicycle for me. Watercolors will always be my home. :~) I do find when I do the oils...I want to rinse the brushes in water and dry it with the hairdryer....LOL This little still life is fresh, fun and very colorful. My favorite part is the porcelain bowl with all the reflections. Love how it turned out. The complimentary colors really turn up the volume too. I'm also working on a couple of of little oils that are in progress...stay tuned. SOLD

Only one week left for the free shipping on "Sparkle" my latest instructional watercolor DVD. Specializing in all of the techniques used to paint glass in watercolor. This DVD is in editing and will be shipped on April 23. Click here for purchase information.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautiful painting! I always enjoy viewing your watercolors.

Cindy
sidetrackedartist.blogspot.com

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Beautiful combination of colours - love the wallpaper at the back. How do you manage to create something so small with so much detail and not let it look cluttered!! Loved the earlier peonie and magnolia.

Lori Bonanni said...

Perfect painting - composition, colors... Wow!

Terry said...

Love your still lifes as they are perfect companion pieces to your florals and fruits and love the fine details that you manage to always put into them