Saturday, April 10, 2010

Alium


5" x 7" ~ Oil on Hardboard

I don't know the variety of flower, but the cute little feathering is quite fun! Something different. We have beautiful weather here in the Midwest. Hope everyone is enjoying Spring. We are going to walk at Notre Dame tomorrow and get some photos of the Magnolias. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it...but I do love Magnolias. :~) **Update...my loyal botanists have let me know that this is an Alium. What would I do without you. :~) Thank you!!

SOLD

6 comments:

Kaylyn said...

That thick waxy quality of magnolia blooms will lend itself well to your oil work!

That looks like a cleome to me. Or an Alium of some sort. What ever it is you have given a dramatic star quality as it tips its head just a regal little bit to the spotlight.

Terry said...

Just so pretty and dainty I think it could be an Alium which come in various sizes from tiny flower heads to huge ones several inches across.

Spring is late here this year after an awful winter and our Magnolias are only just starting to come out and have got some lovely ones near to us ranging from the deep purple to the pale pink

Jacqueline Gnott said...

You really get a different feeling with the oils, Kaylyn. I'm working on a white Peony now and you can finesse it so much more and add all kinds of delicate nuances. Love, love, love.

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Okay, an Alium! I knew that you would know. There was so much going on in such a little area, that it was a challenge to paint!! I was going to take photos of Magnolias today...but the clouds have covered up Mr. Sunshine. :~( Oh well, please enjoy yours in the UK. The deep purple sound beautiful!

m collier said...

Beautiful !!!

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Thank you M!