Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Perfect Mason


6" x 6" ~ Oil on Hardboard

Well, I've done so many Ball Jars in watercolor, I was wondering how it would be in oil. What do you think? I am very pleased. It seems to be easier to handle glass with oil. It's lots of fun to experiment. Thanks for accompanying me on my little journey into the unknown.

SOLD

*********************************




Only a few more days for the free shipping on "My Favorite Things" DVD. This DVD covers the actual painting process of three of my favorite things. :~) Tulips, Strawberry and a Magnolia. This DVD is packed with all kinds of hints on painting watercolor flowers and the key to painting an edible Strawberry. :~)

Click here for purchase information.

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

It looks so real, it's amazing. I just love old bottles and jars. Wonderful!

Carol said...

Oh, that just took my breath away! It's perfect!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I just found boxes of these in my in-laws house, and thought how neat they would be to paint. You've done it exquisitely - everything from color to the hard quality of the glass. Phenomenal!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, you are so amazing!! that is incredible and again, opening your blog made me say "Wow!"
Dawn

Terry said...

This jar and the effect that you have created with your insight into how colours flow is just amazing

Bonnie Heather said...

Truly amazing!