Saturday, May 29, 2010

Update and DVD Watercolors

Hi Everyone! Hope you are enjoying the extended weekend. I haven't posted too much lately as we're still dealing with my Brier and his medical issues. (For those of you new to my blog I have two Black German Shepherds, Baby Thorn and Sweet Baby Brier) The vet has come to the conclusion that he has injured one of the disks in his neck. So, we are on strict R & R for the next 2-3 weeks. He's on three meds to control the pain and inflammation and the latest...a muscle relaxant to help him rest. That has helped a lot. I worry about my boys so. The vet said that this kind of thing happens in big guys and that it's going to take time to heal. So, we're here at the ranch....resting.....resting.....and more resting.__
♥ Thank you for letting me share.



*****************


So since I haven't posted that much, I thought this would be a great opportunity to post some wonderful watercolor paintings that people have done with the help of my DVD's. Below are some, I'll post more later. I am truly honored that everyone has done such a great job, and have learned a lot through my DVD's. I try my best to give you every detail to help enhance your existing watercolor knowledge. Doing this in a comfortable, easy to understand way. Thanks everyone for sending the photos in, they all look lovely! Keep sending, I'll post more as I get them. :~)



Sue from Australia



Cheryl Bryan


Chris Kingsley

__Nathalie Kelley




Barbara Harness



7 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Jacqueline, I feel so honored that you have posted the results of my "paint-along" with you. I have watched the "Queen" DVD several times and learned something new each time. I am now off working on a different peony to practice my new skills on a picture of my own. I can't wait to order more DVDs from you. I can't thank you enough for doing these and sharing so generously with people like me.

Cindy said...

I'm sorry to hear about Brier. It's so hard to see a loved one, whether two legged or four legged, suffer. Hope he's felling better soon.

I'm very impressed with your students' work. I've been interested in your work and technique for some time, but have been hesitant to buy a DVD without knowing more about your skill as a teacher.

The success of your students is encouraging. When Brier is better and you have more time, would it be possible to post a few minutes from one of your DVDs on your website?

I've had the bad experience of paying for a class and finding that the teacher, though a very good artist, was not good at teaching.

Thank you,
Cindy

Shawna said...

Cindy
I would say order the DVDs right away. You will be so darn impressed with Jacqueline's teaching. I teach and can say without a doubt Jacqueline is very good at teaching. She isn't just a fabulous artist!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Cindy,
I have learned more from one DVD from Jacqueline than from my entire collection of watercolor DVDs!

Mary Kosary said...

International Artist magazine is having a Still Life & Flowers contest. You can read about it on the newstand. Entries due in July. I thought you might like to enter with some of your work.

Jacqueline Gnott said...

I'm glad that my DVD's have helped give people special tips to enhance their watercolor paintings. AND it's so fun to see their finished paintings...thank you Christiane!

Hi Cindy, I'll try and post a snippet of a DVD sometime today or tomorrow. I have taught lots of workshops in-person, but found that I don't like the traveling. This way it's easier for other watercolorists to have the DVD's accessible to learn and paint under their own timetable. And it's lots of fun!!

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Thank you Shawna and Christiane. I appreciate your kind comments about my DVD's. I try to put all the tips and techniques out there so everyone can grow as a painter.

Thanks for the heads up about the competition, Mary. I really need to do that, and I haven't done any of those competitions in some time. But I think it's important to do that, and it's fun to wait with anticipation for the jury results. There are a couple coming up, I'm excited already. Hope you are entering too, Mary!