Friday, June 4, 2010

Blossom Time Parade - Float #1

8" x 8" ~ Watercolor on paper

Lots of petals made this Rose more time consuming then I'd thought. But extremely happy with the painting. A lovely Rose in all of it's blooming glory. :~) SOLD

An addition I've made to my blog, is to add a competitions section, specific to watercolors, in the right hand column. I haven't entered any competitions for awhile, but Mary from Texas reminded me about the International Artist Magazine competition. (Thank you Mary) They are a lot of fun to enter and just as exciting to wait for the results. I think we'll try and keep that to international, national and regional competitions. But, if you'd like to send me any watercolor competitions that you know of, I'd be happy to post it. Please be sure to include a link that will take the visitors to a home page. Thanks

5 comments:

hmuxo said...

I'm speechless! I can almost smell this beautiful flower. Wonderful painting!

Gary Keimig said...

beautiful job Jacqueline. Another winner.

Aruna N Sarode said...

Fabulous! Such nice colors. Just perfect.

Carol Blackburn said...

Amazingly realistic!

kim blair said...

Love the soft delicate curves of this rose. Gorgeous work.
Kim