Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hide & Seek


8" x 10" ~ Watercolor on Paper

What fun the flowers have in the flower garden. The Tulips will never find this Hybiscus hiding behind the leaf. :~) I am having a real fun time with the bright colors. Adding more and more color to each piece. I think what has happened is that now that I have the oils for the realism, I feel free to have more fun with the watercolors. Hope you enjoy them as much as I am enjoying painting them. SOLD

The boys and I took a wonderful walk at Notre Dame this morning around the lakes. Since the storms have all gone away we are having a beautiful stretch of weather. Dew points in the 40's!! It feels good to return to our normal walking schedule. I am finishing up the "Still Life with Peonies" dvd this week and shipping on Friday. A few more days on the free shipping of "My Favorite Things, Volume 2....It's All In The Details!"
Next week will be oil week. Stay Tuned.



7 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautifully done, Jacqueline. I love your watercolors immensely.

Helen Read said...

oh wow! This is stunning!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Love this hibiscus. Its strange how working in a different medium develops one's main approach to working. The earlier post of peonies with still life is simply stunning... but then I love lacework in watercolours. Your colours are a joy to behold.

Sandeep Khedkar said...

Very beautiful! Love the way you paint so realistically!

Giada said...

Great work! I love your paintings :))

Nancy Goldman said...

I can feel the warmth of the sun in this painting. It's really beautiful.

Alvin Richard said...

Stunning painting, always luminously colored and brilliantly light. So happy to aquire it for my own wall!