Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Soft Lavender Iris & Updates


8" x 8" ~ Watercolor on Paper

Thought I'd do a watercolor for today....of one of my favorite flowers, the Iris. A soft, soft Lavender color. So I pumped up the background with a rich golden yellows and deep rich purples and greens. It's very golden and glowy!
SOLD

I'm working on a couple of commissions right now, as well as doing the editing on the latest DVD. So, I'll try to post as time is available. Also, an update on my little boy Brier (below). So many people have emailed me, asking how he's doing. Thank you to everyone for caring...he's finally doing better. We went for our first outing...a half hour walk yesterday, and that went very well. We have to take it easy for awhile, since he's still recovering from the slipped disc in his neck. So I think we can finally start our summer.....having been pretty much confined to the house since May 20th. :~( But maybe a little trip to Lake Michigan on Sunday.
The vet said swimming is good therapy.

(Good therapy for me too!! :~)))))


"A Boy and His Duck"

8 comments:

Carl said...

Wow. That is wonderful. I have done a few Iris watercolors, but have a ways to go to get to this level. Bravo!

bricarwaller said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have such amazing talent.

Arti said...

How can you create a masterpiece each time you lift a brush!??Marvellous.

Christiane Kingsley said...

This is such a stunning painting! Amazing.
I am very happy that Brier is doing better.
Take care.

Susan Roux said...

The colors you chose for your background enhance the light you captured in your iris. I love how it feels...

Carol said...

Kisses to Brier!

Carol Blackburn said...

Brilliantly done, Jacqueline.

Aisling Kiernan said...

Stunning work. The way you have captured the light is inspiring.