Saturday, August 14, 2010

Honey Iris




"Honey Iris"
8" x 8" ~ Watercolor on Paper

SOLD

The last art supply order I purchased some of the M. Graham Professional Grade Watercolors. I broke them open for this piece. The binder for these watercolors is honey. I really like them. The colors are very rich and intense. It's always fun to try new things. So, in honor of trying these new watercolors I named this one "Honey Iris". It has a lot of that honey color in it. A brilliant combination of Gamboge and Burnt Sienna.

9 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Jacqueline, this is another beauty. I love the light and warmth in this watercolor.

Carol said...

Spectacular!

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Thank You Christiane for the kind comments. :-) I liked it too. Really like those paints. Thanks also for catching the error. I always appreciate people letting me know...as sometimes I don't catch things. Thank you!!

Thanks Carol!

Robin Neudorfer said...

Lovely image.

Bhavana said...

Too good Jacqueline.. you inspire me :). The color, the way u've captured the light its just too beautiful.

Susan Roux said...

Soft, delicate and full of light. Just wonderful!

IrinaSztukowski said...

Jacqueline, when I saw this piece I was shocked not only by its beauty but also by the fact that this morning I pulled one of my not finished work and thought it needs to be completed. And guess what that was? It was a yellow iris that grows on my front porch. The background of the painting was pretty much done, but the flower itself was not touched. Your painting was a sign to me that I have to put my act together and finish my piece :) . Thank you,
Irina

Jacqueline Gnott said...

I love doing Irises. Their petals are so delicate and full of color. And the dark green soft focus backgrounds really enhance the flower. Thanks Robin, Bhavana, Susan and Irina.

Now go finish your Iris Irina!! :-)

queser said...

the flower is very wonderfull,i belive a photo,is very impresionant ,form of the flowers,is very good work,congratulacions for your paints.