Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Friendship Roses




"Friendship Roses"
6.5" x 8" ~ Watercolor on Paper

AVAILABLE

I really liked the color play in this piece. The rich yellow Roses with the dark green leaves. I couldn't decide what color to put in the other background areas, so I went with a combination of Quin gold and Burnt Umber. I wanted to stay in the same color family but, still wanted to compliment the Roses. Very happy with the result. Thank you again, to everyone who comments, both on my blog and privately through email. I do get lax sometimes about getting back to you and thanking you....but please know your comments are always heartfelt. I just get so busy....but I guess we all are. But thank you to everyone. ♥ Hope everyone is enjoying the fall. We've had a magnificent stretch of weather. There's nothing better then 70's and sunny for me and the boys.

2 comments:

IrinaSztukowski said...

I love these roses. Yellow is not an easy color to manage.

Thank you Jacqueline,
Irina

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the harmony of colours in the background with the very striking golds and yellows of the petals.