Friday, September 10, 2010

Rainbow Girl




"Rainbow Girl"
8" x 9" ~ Watercolor on Paper


Click here for purchase information.

Rainbow Girl, the title because it is one of the more colorful pieces I've done. The Iris itself with lots of Alizaren and Gamboge. For the shadowed areas I added Permanent Violet Reddish to the Alizaren, which made for a nice effect. All set off very nicely with the mostly Permanent Green #2 and Lamp Black background. Lots of very fine detail work on the petals.

You can feel the touch of fall in the air. I am hoping to get a trip to the Chicago Botanical Garden before the weather comes in. It's such a lovely place. I am also thinking about attempting the photo of Lake Michigan I posted yesterday, in watercolor. Stay Tuned.....

5 comments:

bricarwaller said...

Gorgeous as always!

Fay Akers said...

your work is so rich in color. What brand of watercolors do you use?

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Thank you as always for the kind comments!! I don't think it's as much about the brand of watercolors I use as it is the glazing technique that builds up color...but I do use only the best professional grade watercolors. Mainly Winsor & Newton, but also Da Vinci, Graham, MaiMari, Blick.

Pam said...

I would love to see your painting of the lake and sun. You have me very interested. Loved the DVD of the table, tea set and callas.

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Hi Pam, I am a little intimidated by the Sunset painting. It's on my board, but hasn't been started yet...