Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Rose & New Oil DVD




"Valentine Rose"
5" x 7" ~ Oil on Hardboard


SOLD


A pretty little Pink Rose to commemorate the upcoming holiday. Very sunlit and bright. It's been so cold here that I needed to paint something that reminded me that there has to be an end to this season. UGH! We like it cold, but when it takes till noon for it too even get to 0....that's too cold. We couldn't take our walk yesterday or today. But hopefully by tomorrow we'll be able to. Or else I'm going to have some very unhappy German Shepherds. Also tomorrow I'm going to be announcing my latest dvd. I've recently filmed a new one. A very pretty one. An Oil Instruction DVD. I think everyone will love it. It'll show you just how easy my technique is, especially for those of us making the transition from watercolors. Stay tuned.


6 comments:

Jane said...

What an incredibly beautiful rose! And the light on the leaves is so perfect. Gorgeous!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Jacqueline, I am so excited that you have finally decided to do an oil DVD! I will be the first to buy it...I have been playing with oils, but I need help...your help! Youppee!

Vicki Greene said...

I had hoped that as you progressed in your work with oils that you would make an instructional DVD. OK Christiane, being a southern girl I will be very polite and step back, but I am second!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Vicki, we can buy the DVD at exactly the same time:-)

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Thanks Jane. Roses are so pretty anyway, aren't they?

I so appreciate your kindness, Christiane & Vicki. I am so happy that people learn so much through the dvd's. I think everyone will see how I progressed so quickly from Watercolors to Oils.

Anais said...

Fantastic work, Jacqueline
I wish I knew to paint in a similar style than yours...
Love your work!