Saturday, April 16, 2011

Peach & Purple Iris - Watercolor



"Peach & Purple Iris"
8" x 7" ~ Watercolor on Paper

SOLD




I like to keep fresh flowers in the studio. One of the environmental influences that are such a treat to our senses. And what's especially nice this time of the year, while it's still snowing outside...(Yes, it's true it snowed today), is fresh picked flowers from my garden. The Hyacinth above are the most lovely fragrance ever. I have a large drawing board where I paint, 40" x 60", so I have set my Hyacinth on the corner where I can enjoy their perfume. It makes for a delightful day...:-)


5 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Your iris is simply gorgeous, Jacqueline! I love how the play of light and shadows on it!

Carl said...

Positively wonderful.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

just about need sunglasses to look at that - beautiful, beautiful!

hmuxo said...

Absolutely beautiful Iris!

Montse said...

It´s wonderful.

Un saludo desde Bilbao.