Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trumpeters - Watercolor




"Trumpeters"
8.5" x 5.5" ~ Watercolor on Paper

Click here for painting purchase information.



Love the "crisp" look of the white on Cobalt. Then, of course I put the Cobalt into the shadows of the Hibiscus too. Hibiscus have such cool veining. Love how this one turned out. It has a nice feeling to it. Someone emailed me yesterday and wondered how my watercolors and oils look so similar. I told her that I use pretty much the same technique on both. Glazes of thin layers of paint. And, this is how I like to paint, very realistically, whether it be in oil or watercolor. But the two are different in the handling....and I enjoy the challenge! ♥ I have also done a little Spring Cleaning and lowered the prices of the older pieces on the gallery page of my blog.


No comments: