Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guest Artist: Cheryl Bryan


-Cheryl Bryan-

Cheryl completed this still life after studying my "Sterling, Crystal & Glass Instructional Watercolor DVD". It's a beautiful piece. I love the very delicate lace cloth. The way the cherries really "pop" from the page and how she has chosen to put black behind the cherry stems and the top of the crystal bowl to really make it a striking graphic element.

Cheryl has a great style all her own. People use my dvd's for technique and then add their own twist. Keep up the great painting Cheryl!! Cheryl is from Texas. She doesn't have a blog of her own yet, but maybe soon, to share her great work with everyone...♥


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheryl's piece is fabulous! Well done. Thanks for sharing. I have watched e video but that is as far as I have gotten...

Shawna

Jacqueline Gnott said...

Shawna, I'll bet you'll have more time to paint once winter sets in, in the Northwest Territories...brrrr.

Mary Kosary said...

Cheryl is my best friend. She helped me so much when I first started painting. I am so pleased to see her getting the recognition she deserves.

mollie jones said...

Cheryl's painting is gorgeous...love the glass.