Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pink Iris in Glass - Oil



"Pink Iris in Glass"
6" x 6" ~ Oil on Hardboard

SOLD


Sorry I've been somewhat sporadic in my postings as of late. We've been going through a lot with my GSD, Thorn. I have him going through a new kind of therapy in the hopes of helping with his Degenerative Myelopathy. Hoping and praying that it will help him. I love him so. And during this time I found it really doesn't do him or me any good to sit and mope. So...I'm back. Losing myself in my paintings. My art helps me go to a different place, where things are all roses...or in this case...irises.
Enjoy this piece...I was extremely pleased.



-Details-



6 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Jacqueline,

You've outdone yourself. All of your art makes me stop agape, but this one is a heart stopper.

I hope all goes well with the one you love and am so pleased that your art gives you a place of refuge.

xoxo

Christiane Kingsley said...

I am so sorry to hear about your worries concerning Thorne. I hope that the new therapy will help.
As for this painting, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Helen Read said...

Fabulous color!

Jennifer said...

Wow, this is a beautiful piece! I always like your paintings, but the color of this one is so wonderful.

I hope all goes well with Thorne.

Jacqueline Gnott said...

I really loved this one too. I loved the reflections of the petals in the glass. Thank you Vicki, Christiane and Helen for your kind thoughts...♥

My Daily Drawing said...

Gorgeous painting! Take care of your sweet friend. I hope he will soon be feeling better. Sending healing thoughts your way... :o)