Thursday, July 18, 2013

Rosé ~ Step-by-Step

 With my busy schedule this summer, I have neglected to post a Step-by-Step of the "Rosé" watercolor painting that I shot.  Well, here it is...  If you like the postings of the Step-by-Steps, I can do more...let me know.  Let me know by clicking "Love It" on the bottom of this post or by leaving a comment.  Thanks.

 Pencil drawing with masking fluid applied.

 First layers of the background.

 Last glaze of the background, after about 8 layers.

First glazes of the reds.

 Additional red glazes and the first glazes of the blacks.

 Intensifying the blacks and adding in all the little details.

 Adding in the highlights.

The finished piece.

Remember there is only three weeks left to get in on the drawing for the original watercolor "Still Life with Pink Roses & Tea Cup".  All you need to enter is the purchase of one of my instructional dvds.

There are two pages of dvd's that are available:

4 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Jacqueline, of course we will all love seeing your step-by-step posts! What a treat!Thank you.

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Jacqueline. I would love to see more step-by-step posts! What brand of masking fluid are you using?

Cindy said...

Thank you for the step-by-step!

B4painter said...

OMG I would love to see more of your step by steps, thanks so much for this one, it is always hard for beginners to do silver!