Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Paramiters for publishing paintings completed under my direction.

I enjoy all of the watercolor painters who work from my dvds.  Who I interact with daily about furthering their careers in watercolor.  But every once in awhile there is a problem.  The paintings that are done from them are simply a learning experience, a tool and are not to be offered for sale, ever, or posted on blog/facebook page/web site without a CLEAR attribution to the original artist, me.  Why?  Because they are not your original creation.  I've had a problem lately that was brought to my attention.  (Thank you to everyone who keeps an eye out for such things.)

Saying, for example, your painting is a Master Study is vague and inconclusive.  After the publication of EVERY painting that you do from my dvd you need to caption it with "Completed under the direction of Jacqueline Gnott or Jacqueline Gnott's dvds".  If you have 20 pieces posted on your blog/facebook page/web site, and mention my name in passing once.  That's deceptive under copyright laws.  My instructional dvds are to be a tool from which you then create your own magnificent creations from your own photographs.

I don't like dealing with these issues on my normally happy, flower-filled blog, but every once in awhile there is a blatant disregard for what I create and the instructional dvd peramiters and they need to be addressed.  Thank you to everyone for tolerating my rant, and who I so enjoy receiving the gorgeous paintings that were done from my dvds...♥.

So, to sum it up...EACH time you publicize any photo that was completed under the direction of my dvds, you need to caption it with "Completed under the direction of Jacqueline Gnott or Jacqueline Gnott's dvds" Enough said.



No comments: