Thursday, June 4, 2015

White Peony with Buds

 
"White Peony with Buds"
40" x 25"
Watercolor on Paper
 
Okay, it's finally done.  My very large watercolor of the White Peony with Buds.  (I worked on Arches CP Roll and stretched it)   I love, love, love working large.  It's garners so much impact and people don't expect it in watercolor.  I choose this layout for the watercolor because I wanted one predominate flower, which will contrast nicely with all the little buds.  And, as you probably know I love a flower with a "glowing" center.  This one filled the bill.  I hope you like it.

Detail shots below.

 
 

2 comments:

Jill Rae Finallt Art said...

I love it! the colors are so vivid,hard to do in watercolors. So glad to see others doing flowers too. They don't seem so popular these days.

Jennie said...

Spectacular! Will you ever be selling large paintings?