Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Ravishing Red Girls



"The Ravishing Red Girls"
27.5" x 20.5"
Watercolor on Paper

Well, this is a first.  This is the very first time I've done a still life this large and over-sized.  The strawberries are as big as Bella's head...:-).  My goal was to do something different, something dramatic.  So I thought, I do flowers larger then life size, why not strawberries? Per my usual modus operendie with the flowers, I do them smaller first and decide if this is something that would translate well to a larger then life size.   I thought the strawberries, with the great stems and leaves breaking up the black background were great design elements.  The crystal bowl was easier to do at that size, but still a puzzle, with all of the little reflective pieces.  At 27.5" x 20.5" it was quite the feat.  Hope you like it. Let me know what you think


No comments: