Monday, October 17, 2016

My Friend, Scott Hendrie...♥

I received a call today, that I lost my friend, mentor & teacher, Scott Hendrie.  I've known Scott all of my professional career, working with him during my advertising days, and taking my very first watercolor class from him at the Elkhart Art League.  (Scott taught me everything I know about watercolor.)  Scott was a talented illustrator and skilled draftsman, who put so much love into all that he created.  His paintings and illustrations have appeared all over the United States.  Besides being an extremely talented artist, he was always there for me during all of my trials and tribulations of being an artist.  He was always smiling and laughing and a shoulder to lean on.  You could feel his joy for life in his paintings, some of which I've included below.

The world has lost a great artist and I have lost a special friend.
Love you always Scottie.



 







2 comments:

Carol Schiff said...

Stunning work! I am sorry for your loss.

Dabblerteer said...

Mr. Hendrie's sesitivity radiates through his beautiful artwork. I uderstand how a mentor can so wonderfully and magically affect one and their passion for art. My sincere condolences.